Sunday 7 July 2013

Rape In Church: The devil used me –Bishop

The  ‘man of God’ himself told the story
before journalists at the State Criminal
Investigation Department, SCID, Port
Harcourt, Rivers State.
Bishop Chibuike Nwabueze narrated the
story of how he allegedly raped a 15-year-
old girl after ministering at Calvary Army
Ministry, Rumuoji Eneka in Obio Akpor local
government area of Rivers state.
He blamed it on the devil and also accused
his host as the one who set him up.
According to the cleric, after he finished
ministering, he retired to rest. The girl later
came for deliverance.
He said that while he was pleading the
blood of Jesus on the little girl, she started
removing her dress. Before he could
restrain her, he said he found himself on
top of her.
“But to my greatest surprise, I was
surprised when I saw her pulling off her
blouse and skirt. But, before I knew it, I
had a carnal knowledge of her.
That is the
truth of the matter.”
His head suddenly dropped after the
confession, then went up again; this time
he said anybody could have fallen for it.
According to him, when he realised he had
sinned against God, he called some junior
pastors to tell them what he had done to
pray for him.
Nwabueze said he took a second look at
the little girl who probably was still lying
nude and waiting for a second round and
what he saw pissed him off.
“She started laughing at me. She said ‘are
you angry?’ I told her that I did not know
she had hypnotised me. She said I should
not bother,” the bishop said.
“I was so angry and annoyed that I called
some of my pastors and made a
confession, that I did not know what was
happening.”
Nwabueze said it was not true that he
raped the girl, stressing that it was a
consensual act. He also dismissed the
allegation that he later procured abortion
for the girl when the father called to inform
him that she was pregnant.
According to
him, it was the girl’s father that did it but
he paid the bills.
The bishop maintained that the pastor of
the church where he went to preach set
him up and he fell for it.
“We have different Colleges of Bishops. I
am the Chairman of the Communion of
Bishops in Rivers State. Well, what actually
happened was a set up. It was set-up by
my enemies. I have so many people who
are my enemies. The man in-charge of
where I went to minister is my enemy.
He is
the person that set me up,” he stated.
“He invited me to his church for a
programme, claiming  to be my friend.
After the programme, he set me up
because of the tussle over the
chairmanship of the communion.”
Meanwhile, the police have advised
Christians to be vigilant and ask the right
questions sometimes on the actions of
some pastors. This way the police said,
Christians could differentiate between true and
fake pastors.
Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge
of Rivers SCID, Mr Samuel Okaula, who
paraded the bishop and a male nurse who
allegedly facilitated the abortion, also said
people should be conscious of worship
centres. He said Nwabueze would be
arraigned before the court to serve as a
deterrent.
Reacting to the development, Executive
Director, Institute of Human rights and
Humanitarian Law, IHRHL, Mr Ayankwee
Nsirimovu, described the action of the
bishop as unfortunate as  it was done by
one in a position of spiritual trust.
He said
the incident was one case out of  the
experiences of under aged girls, married
and single women in the offices of  randy
bishops and clergy men.

No comments:

Post a Comment