Friday 28 June 2013

Juliet Ibrahim defends her OJB statement

Juliet Ibrahim has released a press statement defending her statements about OJB jezreel's kidney operation costs.

Juliet tweeted yesterday that a kidney operation should not cost more than $50,000 contradicting OJB's claim that his operation costs $100,000. she received heavy criticism on twitter and other social networks.

Today, she released a press statement through her publicist,read it below,

'I was utterly misconstrued with my tweets on OJB’s treatment, I honestly didn’t mean cheap, I meant at a reduced cost with better treatment.

Currently I have 2 relatives living with kidney failure whom I’m responsible for and caring for, thus, I’m no stranger to whatever OJB is going through.”]

“I don’t mean for my tweets to be misconstrued and I won’t take OJB’s health problems with levity as many have misconstrued me.

All I was trying to do was bring an idea of where we can get the transplant done since it’s utmost necessary we get it done soonest and funds ain’t coming in as much expected. Thus, I thought we could try a better and certified centre which isn’t as expensive as the current one in UK when there are several cheaper countries to perform the surgery.

Also instead of people lashing out on celebrities, they should rather be asking the government to help.

“It should be further noted that we are all finding a lasting solution to help end the pain of the talented entertainer and bring smile to his face once again and not generate issue out of someone’s suggestion or hand of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment